2021-22 GVA-N COVID-19 Precautions
COVID Immunizations are encouraged but not mandatory for GVA-N staff or students. We will continue to provide information to the community about COVID immunization opportunities as a courtesy for those who wish to access the vaccine. A list of local vaccination sites is below, however you can always check www.vaccines.gov to search for vaccine opportunities near you. All vaccines are free of charge.
- City of Thornton Fire Department
- Schedule Appointment with Tri-County Health Department
- Walmart Pharmacy
- COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments - Schedule Now
Keeping Sick People Out of the Building
GVA-N will continue to ask that all students and staff complete a daily symptom check (including temperature check) at home before arrival. Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever of 100°F or higher
- Cough, chest tightness, difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
Temperature monitoring of students and staff will continue to occur upon arrival using thermal imaging technology. Individuals with elevated readings will be temperature-checked by the nurse or designee. Students or staff with a temperature of 100.4°F or higher will be sent home.
GVA-N will work closely with Tri-County Health Department when making decisions about quarantines. The goal will always be to maximize student safety while minimizing impacts to learning.
Other Safety Measures
GVA-N will continue to use a layered approach to safety which includes:
- Easy access to and encouragement of frequent hand washing
- Social distancing when possible
- Contact tracing
- Quarantining of symptomatic individuals
- Increased and improved HVAC (air flow) systems