Dear Kindergarten Parents,
Welcome to Global Village Academy-Northglenn! We are thrilled to be teaching your son or daughter as they begin an exciting year in Kindergarten with us! Before the school year begins, we will be assessing students on basic skills during a small group assessment with their teachers. These assessment activities are designed to get an idea of the knowledge the student has coming into the school year.
Another reason we invite students into the building before the first day of kindergarten is that we believe it is crucial for students to meet with their teachers prior to beginning regular classes to help ease the transition to school. This traditionally makes the first days of school much more pleasant for all involved.
From August 14th through 16th, 2019 students are strongly encouraged to sign up for one 2-hour time slot, either 8:30-10:30 AM or 12:30-2:30 PM. During those two hours, your child will complete assessments with their English and immersion teachers, meet the classroom instructional aides, meet some new classmates and grade level friends, enjoy a snack and have the opportunity to play. Spanish village students can be dropped off in room 130 and Russian and Chinese village students can be dropped of in room 136.
Please sign up for a day that works best for your schedule on our Assessment Day Sign Up Genius. You can access the sign-up page with this shortened link:
Additionally, we wanted to inform you about other important events to help your family become more comfortable with GVA-N. The events are listed below:
Meet the Teacher Night: Monday, August 12th 4:00-6:00 PM
- Students and parents are invited to come to the school and meet their teachers and drop off their school supplies or pay the school supply fee. This is an open-house style event.
Tears & Cheers Breakfast Monday, August 19th at 8:15 AM
- After dropping off your little ones for their first day of school, join us in the cafeteria for coffee and pastries.
- We will do a repeat of the Kindergarten Orientation Presentation. Our amazing PTO will be there and parents can learn about volunteer opportunities.
Kindergarten First Day of School is Monday, August 19th, 8:00 AM
- Doors open at 7:45 AM.
Thank you for your support and we are thrilled to welcome your student to our GVA-N family.
Any further questions can be directed to Frances Maisonet, Assistant Principal, at email@example.com.
- In order to confirm your seat next year, you will need to complete your online Registration Packet and then submit your required documents by email, fax, or drop off to the Front Office (hours are 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM) as soon as possible.
- The required documents are a copy of birth certificate, immunization records and a copy of the Parent/Guardian ID.
- There is also a Materials Fee of $30 due each academic year ($15 for siblings) which you can either pay online or with cash or check.
School Calendar and Hours
- The first day of Kindergarten is August 19, 2019.
- Kindergarten students attend school from 8:00 AM to 3:15 PM, Monday through Friday.
Free and Reduced Lunch
- Free and Reduced Lunch applications will be available in late July.
- For more information regarding income eligibility and other aspects of the school meals program, please visit this website.
- If you are not already receiving the weekly, emailed newsletter, sign up here.
If you have any further questions, please contact LeeAnn Kain, Registrar, lkain@gvaschools
We look forward to working with you and getting to know your family!